Search and Navigation
A Better Way to the Right Result
Having a central source containing all the information you need in one place is an advantage but it’s even more effective when you combine it with search tools that return that vital piece of information you are looking for, quickly and easily. Westlaw Gulf was designed with speed and the end-user in mind and with results linked to related material, it helps make your searches more efficient, every time.
Combining reliable and complete content together with intuitive functionality leads to successful legal research with Westlaw Gulf.
- Custom Searching – search far and wide with the click of a button. You can use our free-text search capability to search within legislation, cases, citations, practice areas or regions as well as our local current awareness and news coverage.
- Fast and Easy to Use – our intuitive functionality brings you the search results you need, easily and quickly saving you time and money.
- Result Filtering – once your search has generated results, you can filter across multiple areas dependent on your preference or further refine your search results to find that vital piece of information you are looking for.
- Join Up Your Thinking – all related content has been hyperlinked. This means that if one case you are working with refers to another case within the system, they will be linked. Similarly if a piece of legislation refers to another or amending piece of legislation, they too will be linked. What difference does this make to you? It allows you to run a well-rounded search, where you can navigate to other relevant pieces of information instantly.
- Create Your Own Folders – save documents related to a case, topic, client or subject area in one place. As you search you can tag documents and they will be added to the folder that you choose.
- Save, Print and Email – all documents or parts of documents can be emailed or saved as Word or PDF files. And to help save you time, you can print all your saved documents in one go.
- Keep Track of Your Latest Searches – use the Trail option to see all the searches you have performed and the documents you have viewed in the last 14 days.