- This website is published by Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited – Legal Business. 100 Avenue Road, London NW3 3PF (Company No. 1679046 registered in England & Wales. Registered Office and address for service: Aldgate House, 33 Aldgate High Street, London EC3N 1DL) which trades using various trading names, of which a list is posted on its website at www.sweetandmaxwell.co.uk, and is part of Thomson Reuters.
- Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited is committed to respecting your privacy and we recognise your need to know that your personal information is being lawfully processed and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Company is a registered data controller under number Z7602050.
- This Privacy Statement has been created in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 data protection principles and is designed to help you understand how we may use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us via any of the Company websites.
- Company websites may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by us via Company websites. This Privacy Statement also applies to any information you may provide directly to our customer service teams. That information may include any personal contact information and other information we may need to provide assistance and information to you.
- In general you may browse Company websites (other than those provided on a subscription basis) without providing any personal information. The information we collect on an aggregate basis, as you and others browse Company websites, is not used to identify you in any way. If you want to interact with us via a Company website or if you wish to register to use certain parts of a Company website, we may ask you to provide us with some personal information.
- You may be asked to provide us with details about yourself so that we can provide you with information or services you have requested or send you information about our products and services. The details we ask for may vary with the services you request. The relevant online entry page will give you more information about how we might use and share those details.
- Where we offer you the ability (and you wish) to purchase our products or services through a Company website, you may need to provide us with information so that we can complete the transaction (including your credit card details).
- cookies only contain as much information as was disclosed to the site that sent it
- cookies do not take information from your hard drive, delete files or contain viruses
- cookies are small files (100s of bytes) and do not pose a disk space problem
- the information in each cookie cannot be readily decoded or used in any other way
- if you choose you can usually change your web browser to disable storage of cookies
Information provided by users of Company websites and usage statistics, logfiles etc. may be used to:
- process, validate and verify subscriptions and purchase orders
- contact the user when necessary
- send email notifications of new site features, newsletters and topic updates
- potentially tailor the user’s experience on visiting the site by varying the content based upon
- known demographics and profiles
- monitor users’ visits and generally collate aggregate site traffic information
Unless you agree otherwise, the information you provide to us will only be used to provide you with the products or services you have requested. However, we and other Thomson Reuters companies would like to use the details you give us via Company websites to provide you with additional information about our products and services. You will be asked to confirm your agreement to this when you enter your details.
Credit card information
If you purchase a product from a Company website you may provide us with your credit card details. These details will only be used to process your purchase. We will not disclose your credit card details to any third parties for marketing purposes under any circumstances.
You may opt out of receiving information or advertisements from us or other Thomson Reuters companies to which we have passed your details by contacting Customer Services (details below).
Some Company websites allow the user to opt-out of future mailings during the registration process or select ‘web only’ notification; Some Company websites allow the user to edit/update their own personal details and opt-in or out of receiving product or service information in the future.
Disposals and business reorganisation
Except when disposing of a particular publication, we do not rent, sell, share or trade any of your personal information on our e mail lists to any third parties outside of Thomson Reuters without your permission.
Where the Company or its parent organisations within Thomson Reuters restructures its business the Company or those acting on its behalf, may, as part of this process, transfer your personal information to another entity within Thomson Reuters in accordance with all applicable laws.
Subscription usage data may be stored and used to calculate charges, to monitor and review usage and to perform statistical analysis to enable us to understand who is using the site and how it is being used. This information is used solely for our internal business purposes and will not be shared with any third parties.
Access to your information at any time you may ask us to
- send you a copy of your information
- remove your information from our records
- correct or update any of your information
If you have any questions or comments please contact Customer Services.
Changes to policies
All changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted here. Please visit this page regularly to stay up to date. Your continued use of a Company website following changes to the Privacy Statement will indicate your acceptance of them.
We are committed to working with you to resolve, quickly and fairly any complaints you may have about privacy. If you have any questions or comments please contact us through one of the methods given in the “How to reach us” section below.
Company websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. In addition to this we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this is restricted internally.
How to reach us
For access or correction of your information:
Marketing Information Data Management
100 Avenue Road
Call Customer Services on
0845 600 9355 (UK)
+44 1264 388 560 (International)